Social Icons

A Little About Me

 

It’s been awhile since I’ve done a ‘Getting To Know Me’ post.  If you want to play along and use these same topics to write your own post I’d love to read it – leave the link to your post in my comments!

Five people I’d like to have a meal with, dead or alive

  1. My Grandma Wehr.  She died almost 7 years ago and I have thought of her every single day since then. We were kindred spirits and she was so special to me.  I would love to get together at her house for Sunday Dinner just one more time.  We’d have the meal she made every time my sister and I stayed with her in the summers: Hamburger Steak, macaroni and cheese, and corn she froze the previous summer.  The radio would be on, tuned in to her favorite AM station, and the scent of geraniums would be in the air.  And she’d tell me it was ‘oodles’ when I’d serve her up her meal. 
  2. Miranda Lambert.  I’d love to meet her and make her my best friend.  I think after I got past my shyness we’d really hit it off and have a great time together.
  3. Johnny Carson.  He was a handsome, charismatic, charming man.  I’d like to have our meal while he was hosting the Tonight Show so I could laugh at all the funniness that happened while he was on the show.  I think he’d be really neat to chat with, he’d have all kinds of amazing stories to share.  He seemed like someone that could tell great stories.
  4. My friend Shelli.  We’ve never met in person, never even talked on the phone, but we hit it off through email and blogging so I am certain if/when we met in person we would have an amazing meal together.  Our food would get cold because we would be doing more talking than eating (which would be funny because we both like food!). 
  5. Andy, my husband.  This is not a copout!  I really love being with him and love our lunches together.  It would be fun to go back to a locally owned restaurant in the big big city we went to once.  They brought out BIG bottles of Mt Dew and Andy laughed and laughed at the expression of joy on my face when I saw them.  We got quite the laugh out of it and I think it would be fun to go back and experience that again. But really, anywhere we went would be fun.  We always have such a great time together!  Lots of laughter.

Who would you switch places with for a day?

Ok, this might be a tad crazy for me to say because, until recently, I have not been a fan of this person.  But, I think walking in her shoes for one day would be really cool.  Are you ready for it?  Taylor Swift!  Yep, I can’t believe I just said that either! But really, how great would it be to have everyone go ga-ga over you for an entire day?  To have doors opened just because you are the biggest thing going in music right now?  I’d love to do the interviews.  I’d love to get up on stage and perform.  I’d love to be pampered and have my hair and makeup done and my clothes picked out for me.  (Plus to be her size, yes please!)  To have everyone fawning all over me? It would be pretty amazing for a day!

List 3 strange or crazy things about yourself.

  1. I won’t point the remote at the boys when changing a channel/volume/whatever (like if they are standing in the way).  I’ll hold it off to the side of them so there is no way the radioactive bands of whatever shooting out of it can get into them.  Weird, I know.
  2. I have to say the exact same thing to Tate every time I lay him down, or the world might end or something.  “Nighty night, sleepy tight!”
  3. When watching something that is scary I have to have all of my skin covered up or something might get me.  Luckily I don’t watch many scary things!

Remember, if you answer these same questions on your blog I’d love for you to leave me a comment with your link!  Or just leave me a comment with your answers!

Have a great Thursday!

 

post signature

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore Taylor... I didn't so much care for her 'country' music but I am LOVING her new pop album - it's SOO good! But even when I wasn't digging her music, I've always adored her as a person. You won't find a more genuine and kind person in all the world... she's really an amazing person, the things that she does for people that go undocumented, how much she truly cares about people... she's incredible! Have you seen this? Just a tiny small sample (grab a tissue, I totally cried!) - https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152662579550369&set=vb.19614945368&type=2&theater

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge Taylor fan either but I agree about pampering for a day. Would be AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooo doing this one one my lunch hour. I was thinking on my drive in this morning.... what am I going to write about... Welp, I found it. I will share when I get it posted. PS: I am NOT a TS fan but I can't help my hands and feet when Shake it Off comes on. Like arms flailing crazy. This is fun and should probably be a link up... just saying :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I played along here is my link: http://thechaptersofourlives.blogspot.com/2015/01/i-wanna-talk-about-me-wanna-talk-about-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to meet Johnny Carson! When I think of him I think of my grandma, who used to watch him every single night. I'd love to have dinner with both of them, actually. Maybe someday… :)
    I'm not a huge TS fan, but I have to admit, some of her songs lately are pretty catchy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how I love Taylor Swift!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww I love you too! We will me one day! In St. Louis, right? Isn't that a movie? Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete